I wasn't sure I was gonna like it at first, but I finally played it and I loved it!!! It's almost like you can feel the cold eminating through the screen, which made all of the scenes with Nord and Atlas doing their best to get through the winter together feel so cozy and heartwarming
When Trees Turn to Ice
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, Linux, and Android
Nord and Atlas share a cozy cottage right in the forest of Liebwald, a secluded home of warmth and comfort. But when they are hit by the harshest and longest winter yet, their remote location comes to their detriment and they loose contact to the townspeople – They can only rely on each other to fend off the looming cold.
A playthrough takes approximately 45 minutes.
Note: This is a Kinetic Novel, meaning that there are no choices! Simply sit back and enjoy a linear story from start to finish.
This game is SFW and safe to stream. (A Youtube video of it may get demonetized due to the music used.)
The story includes a near-death experience related to snow/the cold.
- Measures were taken to make this game accessible to blind players. You can toggle automatic self-voicing at any point by pressing V, or toggle it in the Options menu.
- Audio captions for relevant sounds can be activated in the Options.
- A German translation can be activated in the Options menu. [Eine deutsche Übersetzung kann im Optionenmenü aktiviert werden.]
- Screenshake is enabled by default, but can be turned off in the Options menu.
- When Trees Turn to Ice is optimized as a PC game, but a somewhat simplified Android build is available, recommended for tablets or large phones. There is a known bug in which the app only loads a black screen, which may occur on older phones or Huawei devices.
Art, Writing, Translation and Coding by Linda R. (LadyIcepaw)
Sound effects from Kenney.nl and Zapsplat.com
Screenshake setting by TheoMinute
Created with the Renpy engine (7.3.5 = PC build; 7.4 = Android build)
|Windows, macOS, Linux, Android
|Paint Tool SAI, Ren'Py
|amare, Boys' Love, drama, Fantasy, Furry, Gay, Kinetic Novel, LGBT, Romance, Story Rich
|About an hour
|Color-blind friendly, Blind friendly
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Thank you so much, that means a lot! <3 Glad to hear that you... warmed up to it. B)
To bad we can't claim game as i don't have access to pc now so can't download it
Really enjoyed the story, and Nord has astronomically high cuteness levels.
So Darn Cute And It Made Me Feel Happy Honestly, this was so sweet and adorable. I absolutely loved the story and the pacing of it all. Overall I feel like it was a good balance of the sad and the sweet and just seeing a more in-depth look into Atlas and Nord's relationship really hits me in my poor soft heart Seeing you continue to develop and flesh out your characters with each installment is mesmerizing as well as the continued improvement of your art I'm looking forward to whatever you might create next.
Honestly, this was so sweet and adorable. I absolutely loved the story and the pacing of it all. Overall I feel like it was a good balance of the sad and the sweet and just seeing a more in-depth look into Atlas and Nord's relationship really hits me in my poor soft heart.
Seeing you continue to develop and flesh out your characters with each installment is mesmerizing as well as the continued improvement of your art.
I'm looking forward to whatever you might create next.
What a good plot and art ✨